- Try not to walk in dark areas. But, if you must and feel that somebody is following you, shout "Fire" - instead of "Help". More people respond to common warnings than getting involved in personal disputes.
- At night, if you opt for a cab or an auto, call a friend or a relative and tell them the Registration Number loudly so that the driver is alerted.
- While on road, avoid deserted shortcuts as it is always better to cover a longer but safer distance.
- Whenever you suspect of being followed, change your direction and go to the nearest Police Station or look for a PCR Van.
- Whenever a robber tries to approach, you should not panic & hand anything directly to him. Rather, throw your goods in one direction and run in the other direction.
- Try to carry a pepper spray/small knife or a personal alarm with you, always for self - defense.
- Whenever you are grabbed close enough, use your elbow to hit as it is the strongest point on your body.
- Always try to poke the eyes of the assailant hard as eyes are the most sensitive part of the body & this way he will not be able to see you - aiding you in escaping.
- While driving a car, keep all doors locked. But, if by chance, someone jumps in the car, drive into a tree or a pole. Your airbag will protect you and you will be able to draw attention of the masses.
- Learn Martial Arts and use its techniques to overcome the assailant.~~~
Monday, 21 October 2013
Smart Suraksha - Implementation Is The Need
Women - on one hand, considered as Godesses in our culture - on the other hand, they are so vulnerable to crime that whether indoor or outdoor, they can't remain stress - free anywhere.
They have to be alert every time and everywhere.
Get Up & Be Independent!
Don't depend on anybody for YOUR SAFETY!
You have to chalk out a protective path to live a peaceful life, yourself.
WE CAN & SHOULD DEFEND OURSELVES.
WE HAVE BOTH THE LEGAL AND THE MORAL RIGHT TO DO SO.
Here are some smart tips for your safety which you can follow :-