Janpath is now the newest kid-on-the-block as far as restaurants are concerned. It was thus, a pleasant experience when I was invited for the new Menu tasting as a Blogger by the folks at Janpath Grill House.
The visual USP of this place has to be Delhi painted on its walls, from Jantar Mantar to Rajpath, from street food to boho-chic, from a casual shopping spree at Janpath with a world of shopping bags by your side to foreigners admiring Indianness in the capital city.
Janpath Grill House is all about Janpath and good food offered in two concepts - patrons can opt for either Ala Carte or Buffet. However, my visit came about as a consequence of their exclusive Menu panning five Indian States - Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Rajasthan, and Delhi - under the colloquial tagline - 'Janpath Grill House - Handcrafted In-House Gourmet Specials'.
A Boondi-filled Golgappa presented atop a mini-Achaar Ki Barni was served as amuse bouche.
We savoured the following preparations in Appetisers:
- Anjeer Aur Akhrot Ki Tikki - The first and only time I had savoured an appetiser with the same ingredients (plus Lotus Stem too) was when had pledged to Lighten Up This Diwali With Canola Oil, and such a Tikki was prepared by Chef Jolly of Masterchef fame in a live demo. I was surprised to see this on the Menu and the fact that they had aced the preparation to an extent. Good job there.
- Bharwaan Tangri - Leg Pieces stuffed with Egg, hence Bharwaan.
- Lahsun Aur Sarson Waali Machchi - Minimally oiled, non-spicy, soft and succulent flavorful fish.
- Firangi Gobhi Ka Tikka - Broccoli tossed in White Sauce.
- Galauti Kebab - Simply melt-in-mouth.
- Dahi Ke Kebab - Yoghurt was on a high with this - had to be.
- Parde Wali Raan - Authentic lamb preparation
All the curries were most loved and neatly presented. We had the following:
- Sabzi Makkhanwali
- Dadisa's Desi Murgh
- Dal Janpath
- Dum Aloo Banarasi
- Kathal Biryani
- Bread Basket
And, we rounded up a filling meal with quintessential desserts:
- Gajar Ka Halwa
All the savoury and sweet dishes were on point with their flavour and preparation factor. The presentation was also nice. The drinks, namely Kokum Sharbat and Nectarine Mojito could have been better prepared, as they lacked a bit with their flavours.
That being said, I am definitely coming back to Janpath Grill House, solely because they have aced their ambience, decor, and taste game. :)