I believe in Magic.
Yes, I do.
Furthermore, you could take me to be a Magician.
Yes, I'm proclaiming myself...
To be a Magician who believes in Magic...
Well, Don't Be.
For it's not the conventional Magician and those customary magic tricks, I'm talking about.
I'm a Magician in this wide-spread Literary World over the World Wide Web. The one which we bloggers, refer to as the Blog-o-sphere.
I'd started weaving my words into a Beginner's Level magic on April 20, 2013.
The day I refer to, as my Blog-versary. :)
It had been a good eight months till the end of 2013.
I'd welcomed the new year 2014 with open arms into my space, too.
That New Year brought along with itself - a golden opportunity.
A 'Project' with an aim, conveyed precisely by its motto...
We Write Daily...
A Post A Day...
It was through a dear friend and blogger - Mrs. Sakshi Nanda, that I got to know of it. She, along with three other bloggers, was taking up this interesting opportunity.
When I first saw this on social media or read about it on Project 365's blog, it left me thinking - they are brave-hearts.
The entire year - four of them - blogging based on prompts.
Well, when I had done the Photo A Day Experiment, back in July 2013, for an entire Month, during my school's summer break, it left me at my wit's end...
And, these four brave - hearts, were taking up a similar, more challenging task for an entire YEAR.
In the back of my mind, I was sure, that I wouldn't be able to even take up such a Herculean task, let alone completing it successfully, ever.
I was applauding them, deep in my heart. :)
I visited their page on Facebook on the second day of January 2014.
I liked the page, there and then, to see how this collaboration develops, and to add interesting posts to my reading list.
If I remember clearly, it asked for a few basic credentials, three preferred months to Guest Author, top to bottom priority, and the REASON to join in...
I do not know what intuition pushed me to take the plunge, but I did.
I ended up expressing my interest to join in as a Guest Author to P365!
So, I had filled in June, July, December, all three of them being my summer/winter break months, and the reason to join, came in the flow, of typing, of course.
My thought process was to take up a Project, a team work, being a teacher (usually my students did Projects, for a change, I would), for the entire experience to enrich my blogging journey, and to work in collaboration with some friends, known, unknown, expanding my social circle, and above all, exploring my horizon, to weave words, Magically.
I went through the monthly prompts, after filling in the form, rather than before it, would you believe? :o
January 10, the submissions closed, yes! :D
And, there was a welcome change.
The 'About' Page on their blog.
And, a change in the header too...
In due course of time, we were presented with such aesthetic headers, and an Yearbook imagery too...
December 30, 2014.
I Believe In Magic...
I begun authoring my Month, December...
Amid all these experiences, I've had the most special milestones of my Blog to owe to Project Three Six Five...
- I've submitted Twenty Posts out of Twenty Five, to IndiBlogger, till date.
All Twenty Have Been IndiStars...
- Until Then It's Happily Ever After! - My Second Post for this endeavor - weaved Magic - MAGIC with my Readers.
It is the ONLY post from Yours Truly to have gathered 103 hearts on IB and the only one to have touched that sweet three digit figure.
- Standing 'Against' It When I Wanted To Stand 'For' It! - My Fifth Post - went on to be the FIRST post to be featured by India Opines.
- Entrapped By The Chakravyuh and Because, Charity Begins At Home had been two consecutive WOW posts for BlogAdda, to acquire the badge, in April 2014.
- I've become fluent with penning Acrostics (expanding each letter of a word in prose), thanks to this wonderful opportunity...
- I've penned the post closest to my heart till date - My Third Post for Project 365 - Not There, For Heaven's Sake - for my Mother.
- I've penned the most humorous and the cutest post, from my Personal Life, in my opinion, for Project 365.
The Perfect Comeback - My Eighteenth Post...
- Stepping Into _ _ _ _ _ _'s Feet... - My pet ended up making a guest appearance, all for Project 365.
My Fourth Post.
- I ended up trying a new form of Poetry, for P365.
I was Going Limerick-y! in my Fourteenth Post.
- I even re-did an old post - a Fiction written in December 2013 - to suit an Open Prompt at Three Six Five.
The Mysterious Look - Not A Mystery Anymore! was my Eighth Post.
- The New School - My Twenty Fourth post, was a collaborative post, with three other team - mates, as it presented me with a task of a magnanimous scale...
This post is a part of the WordPress Daily Prompts : 365 Writing Prompts program where the aim is to post at least one post a day based on the day's prompt.
December is the month when I officially Guest Author for Project 365, in partnership with Jaibala and Vinay, for our respective Guest Authoring Prompts, chosen beforehand.