Saturday 27 December 2014

कितना चैन होता है ना, सच्चाई में!

कितना चैन होता है ना, सच्चाई में!

Well...

It is true, indeed.

There is an immense peace, in facing the reality.

For, it takes Strength and Courage to admit the truth.

Lying can be the easy way out, for the time being, but not in the long run.

Certainly not.

For, if you have lied, you must Remember what you said!

That's where the loophole lies, in the concept of lying. :)

~~~

I concur with this ideology by Edward Abbey:

"Better A Cruel Truth,

Than A Comfortable Delusion."

~~~

Trust is based upon Honesty.

Honesty is based upon Truthfulness.

 Truthfulness, is based upon being True To Oneself.

~~~

However hard we may try, we cannot negate this fact.

Truth hurts.

But, the Truth may hurt for a Moment, opposed to a Lie, which may, in all probability, hurt for a Lifetime.

~~~

For...

Pretty Words are Not always True.

And...

True Words are Not always Pretty.

~~~

Honesty is proclaimed to be a Virtue.

Yet, it is hard to listen to, and to absorb the Truth.

~~~

All of us have had certain episodes in our respective lives, where Lying, was an easy task.

Not once, but such episodes occur multiple times. I believe.

Episodes from our personal lives, or from the lives of people around us.

Is it not?

~~~

But then, Honesty is Expensive.

It must not be expected from Cheap people.

For we live in a world, built up by the brittleness of Falsity.

~~~

We have now come to inhabit a world, where being Honest in every-day situations is equated with being Discourteous, ill-mannered, or even being snobbish and obnoxious.

There comes a point when Truthfulness goes to the humble extent of offending people!

Truth and Honesty were never meant to be Offensive, in my opinion.

As a matter of fact...

Denying the truth will not change the facts. :)

The Truth Stands as the Truth...

And, a Lie, is of course a Lie, after all...

~~~

It is, of course, The...

Truth, in grave situations, of a relationship at stake...
Rings through as the ultimate savior for God's sake...
Understanding who was to be at fault, how and why...
Take in to absorb what is right, as this time flies by...
Holding on to righteousness or a relationship at hand...

...that prevails... :)

For, truthfulness in any relationship is of utmost importance.

Because, in any relationship...

As...

A Single Lie, Discovered...

Is Enough...

To Create Contagious Doubt...

Over Every Other...

Truth, Expressed...

~~~

It's Better...

To Know...

And...

Be Disappointed...

Than...

To Never Know...

And...

Always Wonder...

~~~

This is the simplest ideology I abide by, for I would never want any of my relationships in life, to be in doldrums, over the accusation of having embraced falsity, at any point in time.

It is best to embrace Honesty, for it does not prick at the person with a clear conscience.

~~~

Because, at the end of the day...

Above  All...

The person who is true to himself, to his relationships in life, and to his heart, wins it all.

Because, truth permits you to take the call of having a clear Conscience.

At the end of it all, your conscience concurs with this fact.

Indeed...

कितना चैन होता है ना, सच्चाई में!

~~~

The real life story goes like this...

I had gone to the Karol Bagh Jewelry market three years back to buy a beautiful necklace for my cousin. It was her first marriage anniversary the very next day and I had to buy a gift for her, that day at any cost. I had to visit the market, the previous week but I could not due to a lot of other preparations, in progress for the occasion. I had kept some money at hand, substantially more than the anticipated cost of a gold necklace. Moreover, the credit card(s) were there in my purse. And, still if the cost went above all these, the owner of the shop was known to us for last ten years – Mr. Malik of Malik Jewelers.

I reached the shop in time. Mr. Malik was already aware about my visit,  as I had informed him over the phone in the morning. That is why he had chosen few, and mostly the most precious necklaces from their artisans, which were laid out on the table. It was difficult to choose one out of those, as all were excellent and every piece looked better than the other.  I had to finally pick one piece and the one I picked was incidentally the costliest among all their creations, placed there.

Inherently, my hand went over my shoulder, for my handbag when I was led to the Cashier's, and it was a big jolt when I didn't find it there. There was more than three lac rupees cash in the purse among other important possessions. Frantically, I checked around but didn't find it anywhere. Mr. Malik made his men run around to search for it, but in vain. In any case, I got the necklace packed, and told Mr. Malik that I will send Rs. 2.1 lac, the cost of necklace, through someone, the day after as everyone would be busy the next day due to the anniversary celebrations. Apparently, it was a shock to me as the Rs. 2.1 lac necklace cost me over five lac, accounting for the money I had lost.

My cousin was very happy seeing her gift. The day ended on a high note with joy all around. I hadn't told anybody of the loss, in order to not disrupt the jolly mood of the occasion. I had even told my father that everything was hunky-dory on his asking. By late evening, I received a call from Mr. Malik. I could very well picture this as a reminder call from him for the money I had to send to him, the next day for the necklace I had bought. But the call was not a reminder.

What Mr. Malik told me was amazing! The driver of the cab that I had taken to reach the market, had approached Mr. Malik and told him that he had found a purse fallen beneath the rear seat of his cab and he wanted to hand it over to me. Since I had taken cab from the Metro station to the market, so the driver didn't know where my house was. Mr. Malik had checked the purse's contents and confirmed that it was mine. The money was intact inside.

My father overheard the entire conversation, and that was my moment of realization.

It was for the celebration's sake that I had not told my father of the entire episode.

But, I was going to tell him of the episode, the next morning.

The moment when I narrated to him, the entire incident was indeed the moment, when I felt that...

सच्चाई में वाकई बहुत सुकून होता है... :)

~~~



This post has been written as a part of Indi Happy Hours' कितना चैन होता है ना, सच्चाई में! in association with Kinley and IndiBlogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping By!
It would feel great to hear from you and respond to your valuable suggestions! Do leave a note here in the Comments Section!