To A Land...
Go By The Name Of...
You could as well add a 'Proud' as an adjective.
You could very aptly address them as 'Shamelessly Proud'...
Seems like an oxymoron, does it?
It is an Irony, instead...
These Indians are a-one-of-a-kind 'species' in themselves!
Their actions speak louder than their words.
They do NOT practice what they preach.
On one hand. they go all emotional, about the cleanliness of their city, and their country even, for that matter.
We have a 'Clean My City, Clean My India' type citizen on that front.
Hash-tag स्वच्छ भारत - मेरा भारत, anyone? :)
On the other, it is the same hand maneuvering through the 'Litter My City' Drive, quite effortlessly.
Hash-tag Like A Boss, anyone? :P
Indians are brand ambassadors in their own right.
They excel at not just one, but a flood of arts.
However, their perception of art is nowhere close to the universe's perception.
For them, art is of five primary colors, contrary to the world, which goes by three primary colors.
Certain terms, related to art, too stand redefined.
For the world, the colors are Red, Yellow, and Blue.
For Indians, they are:
- Red, for the Paan-tastic Painters, who spit and spit with a 'free - flow'. White walls are their favorite canvases. However, any solid structure would do. These Painters put the 'लाल' in Lal Quila. Roads, walls, stairs, hunky-dory mate! :D
- White, for the Designer Defacers, who are artists, misled. In all seriousness and with due respect, we must request them to wield their 'creative chalks and painting knives' onto some material medium, like paper, or charcoal and not on to some heritage site's dilapidated walls.
For, all of these sites, which have been robbed of their heritage, and bestowed upon with those pierced hearts, we bow down in reverence. For these Designers have coupled heritage with hearts.
- Grey, for the Contrasting Car-collage Makers, who love to contrast the grey and white layout of Indian roads, with their myriad-hued litter.
Coming up - A packet of Lay's flying into your face. From - A car-collage maker near you. At - An open window near you.
Seems funny? Not!
- Rainbow Stink, (a color as unique as the Litterbug) for the Garbage Graphics & Co. , who are brimming with artistic thoughts, opinions, and ideas, at all instants of time.
To your left - A mount-hill of litter, and stench in the air.
To your right - 'Historical Cans' - A container christened as a waste-basket / dustbin by the common folk. With all due respect, these bins gathered dust, being empty. These baskets? Their existence itself was a waste!
For, Indians believe in doing ONLY what they are told NOT to. And, littering, ONLY where it is prohibited. :P
- Yellow, for the Street Sprayers. Isn't the color and the title self-explanatory? Go, where we may, all we will do is to spray!
This post has been written as a part of Indi Happy Hours' #TheGreatIndianLitterbug in association with Times Of India and IndiBlogger.