Tuesday 7 April 2015

Of Authentic Gujarati Delicacies...



Ahmedabad, as a city is slowly and steadily emerging as one of the notable entrepreneurial hubs in our country. It is gradually catching up with the so-called Metro cities of our country, namely Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata. Ahmedabad is also one of the most noted cities in the state of Gujarat, that being the state which gave us our current Prime Minister, Narendra Damodardas Modi.

Another point which adds to Ahmedabad's credibility as a city is its versatility when it comes to food. Ahmedabad possesses an unmatched potential to provide you with unique, yet appetizing delicacies. Where else in this country would you find a dish possessing a capability to pair the humble salty home-cooked lentils with sweet sugar, for one? Ahmedabad is easily at the heart of Gujarat when it comes to genuine, lip-smacking Gujarati delicacies, without a doubt.

If you ask me, I consider it to be the food capital of the state of Gujarat too. For me, it is just one spot behind the Maharashtrian capital, Mumbai, as far as my favorite places to eat, in West India are concerned. As I've said before, I fell in love with this place when I had first visited it in 2004. Of the authentic Gujarati cuisine, the Dhokla easily forms for my favorite snack, and the Ghevar emerges as my favorite sweet. There are many extraordinary restaurants in Ahmedabad, which prepare their dishes while maintaining the perfect balance of taste, quality, hygiene, and price.

I have a long list of my favorite places to eat in Ahmedabad. Some of them surprise me every single time, when they cook up my favorite delicacies with a homely touch to them. How I came to visit Ahmedabad so frequently is a different story altogether. One of the eateries in Ahmedabad comes really close to my pen friend's ability to cook authentic Gujarati delicacies of the likes of Khakra, Shrilkhand, Khandvi, Undhiyun Thepla and what not!

If you are a fan of authentic Gujarati cuisine like me, then Ahmedabad undoubtedly forms for your food haven to explore the best restaurants in Ahmedabad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping By!
It would feel great to hear from you and respond to your valuable suggestions! Do leave a note here in the Comments Section!