Preview of The Grub Fest
Wednesday, October 12
Niche Café & Bar, CP
Heading out to the preview of The Grub Fest, yesterday, which was a panel discussion consisting of panelists:
- Chaitanya Mathur and Arjun Jain (co-founders of The Grub Fest),
- Tarun Arora (owner of Niche),
- Rakshay Dhariwal (Managing Director, Pass Code Hospitality), and
- Chef Jamsheed Bhote
While many highlights regarding The Grub Fest 2016 were made known, the session concluded with a Q&A round regarding the finer details of what to expect at the festival.
While The Suryansh Project set the right tone before the session began, with their rendition of classic and newer melodies, a surprise factor was added with the presence of rap-sensation SukhE.
The Grub Fest is a three-day food festival over the weekend beginning tomorrow, and food lovers can look forward to the following:
- Restaurant exhibitors include prominent names like Social, PCO, Niche Lounge & Bistro, Circus, Zerruco Kitchen & Bar, Fat Lulu’s, Chai Point, Sushi Junction, DreamOven, Pat N Harry, Cafe Public Connection, BigFatSandwich, Chull, Iqbals, Cravings, Teamonk Global, Koyla Kebab, Nooshe Joon, Cafe Hera Pheri, Karim's-Delhi 6, The Tipsy Project, Lanterns kitchen & bar and more. Exhibitors will showcase specially curated Grub menus with a distinctive ambience for their space at the festival.
- Introducing a festival within a festival, The Grub Mile - their very own food truck festival will debut at the upcoming edition of The Grub Fest, with over 15 food trucks including Being Truckers, Doggy Style, Burnout and more.
- The Grub Fest will host the first ever pop-up club by R.S.V.P.
- A hand-picked line-up of artists would be at the stage at all times to compliment the food and the beautiful onset of Delhi winters. Artists include Zaeden, Nikhil Chinapa, Hari & Sukhmani, Sukh-E, Tatva K, Nasya, Prateek Kuhad, Teri Miko, Dhruv Visvanath and more.
- Food enthusiasts will have an opportunity to learn recipes and cooking techniques from prominent chefs like Hanisha Singh (My Little Food Company), award-winning Chef Jamsheed Bhote, Chef Rohan D’Souza among others as they recreate their favourite dishes at Weber Grub Theatre. Furthermore, they can also attend mixology sessions with mixologists from Auro Bar & Kitchen and Niche.
- Ballantine’s, the world’s No.2 Scotch Whisky will hold a Ballantine’s Appreciation Session at Grub Theatre. Distilled in Scotland, Ballantine’s proposes the most comprehensive range of quality aged blended Scotch whiskies available anywhere in the world.
- Do look out for the Jameson Block Party to be held in a separate area dedicated to Jameson Irish Whiskey.
- There will be a range of organic and gourmet products at The Grub Market from brands like Raw Pressery, Odyssey India, Artisan Palate, Keventers, Niice Cream, Frugurpop, Feedshare, The Food Art Factory, Cakeatouille, Lyall Farm Store and more, presenting products like gelato, ice-creams, homemade jams, dips and sauces, biscuits and cookies, cupcakes and a variety of delectable desserts.
- A dedicated play area for children.