An artificial Banyan Tree is also positioned central to each Pind Balluchi to play a vital role in enhancing the aesthetics of the restaurant. An open kitchen in the restaurant emulates a ढाबा with some delicious तंदूर and तवा preparations which further enhances a dining experience.
Pind Balluchi aces it with their food, because the flawless preparations, authentic taste of dishes and quick service are what make them earn points in their kitty.
Going by the 'Best Of Pind Balluchi' section earmarked at the beginning of their extensive menu, we decided to relish the following preparations, which were presented as Pind Balluchi's home-style signature dishes.
- Mushroom Kurkure - Button Mushrooms placed in fried, crispy cups, stuffed with Khoya and Cheese. It had a unique presentation and taste and would be one of my must-have dishes at Pind Balluchi.
- Dahi Ke Kebab - Hung Curd with a mild tang, stuffed in fried bread. Simply melt-in-mouth.
- Paneer Tikka - A तंदूर preparation, with Chef's Special cottage cheese chunks char-grilled to perfection.
- Ajwaini Fish Tikka - Another तंदूर preparation which is Chef's classic, with a lemony zest infused into fish fillets char-grilled in mustard oil.
- Kalmi Kebab - Chicken leg pieces marinated with cashew paste, hung curd, and mildly spiced, yet again in तंदूर.
- Also tried their Soups - Murg Shorba and Tamatar Shorba - steaming hot and flavorful.
- सरसों दा साग ते मक्की दी रोटी - Quintessentially Punjab. It would be a crime to overlook this classic preparation when at Pind Balluchi. It was served alongside sinful pieces of गुड़ and melt-in-mouth मक्ख़न. If you'd ask me, this is the one preparation that is most highly recommended, more so because the साग is authentically prepared in mustard oil (सरसों तेल) as well lending it an unforgettable taste. :)
- An array of Indian gravies and curries, namely Chef's Recommended Pindi Choley, Khumb Pyaaz Bhujiya, and Murg Lababdar paired with Chicken and Mutton Parantha respectively.
Classic Punjabi sweet delicacies were there to bring the meal to a fitting conclusion.
- Gulab Jamun
- Thandi Kheer
- Matka and Teela Kulfi
- Gajar Ka Halwa
I had a great time at Pind Balluchi and would like to say that it is one of my must-visit places for authentic North Indian delicacies since the past many years. It is one chain that is effortlessly keeping the essence and the legacy of home-cooked food alive. :)