And To Be Honest - This Checklist's A Ring Of Fire Which No Website Has Been Able To Perfectly Pass Through!
So The W3 Has No Favorites...
Maybe The W3 Can Collaborate With WebRiti & The Blog Bowl - Implementing This Checklist To Construct The Ideal One?
Here We Go!
The Seven Steps To Enchanting Elegance & Excellence!
- Appearance :- Visual Appeal - as the first impression is the last impression. Subtle color contrast for the background - text combination works best. The text should be easily comprehensible.Keeping in mind the nature of the content and the group of audience, the site is aimed at, while working out the appearance is a big plus point.Graphics add to the appeal of a website, provided the artistry is meaningful and not over - done!Quality & Simplicity often go hand - in - hand...As Simplicity Is The Ultimate Sophistication...&It Is The Quality Of The Work Which Pleases God (The User) & Not The Quantity...~~~
- Content :- Because Style Is An Add-On, Substance Is The Ultimate Crowd - Puller...W3C as they call me - I have a formulation of the Three C's combined with the fourth and most important C - Content.So This Big C must be Clear, Concise, Compelling...The Multimedia Aids must be effectively and appropriately employed to improve the understanding of the subject matter in question...~~~
- Functionality :- Speed & Perfection are the pre-cursors to Success...
Thus every component of a website must work quickly, correctly and up to the User's expectations...
Exposure To This Big, Huge, Sea Of Me - The W3 - Invites Criticism More Often Than Praise...
Because It's That One Error That's Bound To Grab Eye-balls...
Not The Numerous Error - Free Works...
And Effective Error Handling Is The Key To A Finishing Touch...
And Thus, Every Work Must Be Effortlessly & Perfectly Accomplished...
- Usability :- The Eight Enchanters To Excellence...
Keep It Simple, Silly!
Keep It Organised, Oye!
Keep It Quick, Quincy!
Keep It Consistent, Chris!
Keep It Descriptive, Danny!
Keep It Cross - Browser Compatible!
Keep It Cross - Platform Friendly!
Keep It Search - Engine Amiable!
Minimal Scroll Is The Key!
Vertically But NEVER Horizontally!
- The 'Who's Behind The Work?' Factor :- The user may want to appreciate the designer's, the creator's efforts more often than not!
Because Nobody Knows The Worth Better Than The Audience!
Because Testimonials Work As A Bridge Between The One Behind The Effort & The One Utilizing The Effort!
- The 'Keep The Intruders Away!' Factor :- For If Your Website's A Hosted One - Security Is A Concern. The Strength Of Password Protection Can Work Wonders...
- Interactivity With The User Is The Key! :- Involving The User Through A Forum Or An Active & Informative FAQ Section Makes Him Realize That The Designer Has Gone The Extra Inch To Grab His Attention!