Wednesday 29 July 2015

Kesar's - Not Just Sweets...

Kesar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Rocky and Mayur have ventured out to explore food from all parts of India and curate videos on Askme.com  I'm contributing my part by relishing my favorite dishes at Kesar's and sharing my views with you all!
You can also upload your video review on AskMe and stand a chance to meet Rocky and Mayur.



 ~~~ 

This weekend, I gave up on my kitchen.
Yes, I did.

Why, you would ask.
Who likes to cook early in the morning, that too on a Sunday, I would ask! :)

So, that is when I decided to give the routine sweating in the kitchen, a miss and we headed straight to a recently opened outlet of Kesar's in our immediate vicinity.



The outlet in Rajouri Garden is the second of its kind, with the first one established at Pitampura in North Delhi.

With their Breakfast Special Menu knocking on our door, with our morning daily, we decided to make a beeline and try something different for breakfast, this sunny day. :)

We were greeted by the outlet's manager, who greeted us with a pleasant smile. Also, the spacious interiors along with the autumn leaf floor motifs caught my eye, at first.

Since it is a new kid on the block, in our neighborhood, the restaurant has limited food items on offer, for now.

Down to what we ordered from their menu offering delights on the breakfast plate.

छोले भठूरे for the better half and पूरी सब्ज़ी, one each for the daughter and me.

Here, have a look.


This platter consisted of बेदमी पूरी, accompanied by potatoes in a buttery gravy, with a sprinkle of lemon juice. Alongside, were onion rings, pickle and a whole green chili as accompaniment. :) 


छोले भठूरे were served in the conventional style, accompanied by the same sides, as above. 

The cherry on the cake and the pleasant surprise however, was this Sweet Lassi, sprinkled with pistachios, which was served after the meal to sweeten the taste buds. 


The better half, however, felt like savoring some Indian Street Food, and we ended up ordering one portion of गोल गप्पा, consisting of five pieces, and the regulars - सौंठ चटनी, जलजीरा, इमली का पानी. 


The entire outing proved to be economical enough for me to pay a second visit. 

As for the sweets section, I ended up buying the मलाई घेवर, रेवाड़ी बर्फी, and Milk Cake, as it was the first time, I was buying sweets from Kesar's. 

You could have a look at the variety on offer. 


I have tried the घेवर and the बर्फी as of now. Frankly speaking, while the बर्फी met my expectations, the घेवर's crust was a tad bit too soft. Giving honest feedback makes room for improvement, I believe. 

All in all, it was a good visit to Kesar's - Not Just Sweets! :)

2 comments:

Thanks for Stopping By!
It would feel great to hear from you and respond to your valuable suggestions! Do leave a note here in the Comments Section!